Better late than never…
I don’t like resolutions (who does?), and we weren’t going to do one of these posts, but if any resolutions can be kept, it’s culinary resolutions. So here goes…our 2012 culinary resolutions!
1. Take a cooking class.
2. Perfect our crepe-making skills. Last Christmas J gave me a crepe cookbook and this Christmas he gave me a crepe pan. Yet we’re still not very good at actually making them:(
4. Make at least one recipe from Andrea Reusing’s Cooking in the Moment cookbook. My brother gave me this for Christmas, and it’s a gorgeous cookbook, but maybe not one I will cook from frequently.
5. Make a delicious tofu dish…we’ve never cooked with tofu so it may take a few tries to find a recipe that we really enjoy.
6. Develop low-cal everyday dinner recipes.
7. Bake something at least once a week. I think I’ve accomplished this so far, so we’ll see if I can keep it up.
8. Make sushi. J has done this, but I haven’t. J would like to perfect his sushi-making.
9. Host a dinner party. With at least 8 people attending (including ourselves). I added the 8 person caveat because we fairly frequently have 3 or 4 people for dinner. I’d like to expand our circle a little more.
10. Visit a Virginia winery. We’ll be fulfilling this next month when we go to Chateau Morrisette. I’ve been there before, but I was under 21 at the time (who takes their kids to a winery?).
11. Cook a moist and delicious turkey. This is J’s.
12. Make a gingerbread house.
What are your culinary resolutions for 2012?